If you have limited time or are a busy mum, this is a quick 5 min routine to try. This will leave your skin feeling AMAZING! I say this from experience, having stated this a few months ago my skin has never felt so supple and healthy. Brushing is best after cleansing, I use my soothe-me ‘Balancing Act‘ Exquisite Floral Water mist before I start. (note: you have the pressure correct if it is comfortable for you, its a personal thing!)
A few of the many benefits of ‘skin brushing’ are…
- Brushing (acts like massage) encouraging the blood flow to skin cells, bringing oxygen and nutrients to the cells to help re-new them. Promoting happy healthy skin cells.
- Brushing exfoliates helping remove old dead skin cells. As we age this process slow down, causing a dull complexion. Exfoliating by brushing = a better complexion.
- It helps clear away impurities in the pores, clearer pores appear to look smaller
- It stimulates and workes the muscles under the skin, just like facial yoga, this helps improve skin tone, texture and helps skin to feel firmer. Appearing less saggy and more youthful.
- Find the right strength of brush for you, I like quite a firm one but others prefer softer more baby level brushes. With the right brush for you it feels great, because brushing acts like massage it releases endorphins so you feel relaxed! It makes my skin feel really invigorated and I get so many comments about how great I look. Facial brushing for me is quite addictive and I LOVE IT! Give it a try today!